Why We Love Modern Trousseau
Hi, and Happy March! Thanks for visiting our blog – we hope you have been enjoying our posts so far!
As we’ve mentioned in previous blog posts, Harbor Bridal recently became a Modern Trousseau flagship – Modern Trousseau Long Island. Many people ask us about this brand and why we made this decision, so for this post, we wanted to answer those questions and let you all know why we love the team at Modern Trousseau and their wedding dresses so much that we decided to exclusively sell them in our shop.
- All Modern Trousseau wedding gowns are “made with love in the USA”. Modern Trousseau is headquartered in Woodbridge, Connecticut, where all of their gowns (and bridal accessories, including veils, belts, and headpieces) are made. We’ve always felt that supporting American-made products was important, and it’s an amazing thing to know that every single gown in our store is made right in Connecticut. The gowns are designed and created in Connecticut using only the finest fabrics from Italy and France, so when you purchase a Modern Trousseau gown you can be comfortable knowing your gown is of the highest quality.
- Almost all bridal gowns are made to order, meaning that your gown is not made until you have placed your order with the bridal shop. This is why lead times for bridal gowns range from at least 4-6 months. Modern Trousseau takes this a step further in allowing custom changes on their gowns. If you love the bodice of one gown and the skirt of another, you can put this together to create your own custom wedding dress. Want to change the lace on a gown? That’s possible. Want to create a different silhouette? No problem. Modern Trousseau prides themselves on creating the gown that a bride wants because their number one priority is the happiness of their brides. And, as retailers, it makes us happy to be able to offer these custom designs to our brides.
- Which leads us to the next thing we love about Modern Trousseau: they offer bridal alterations at their headquarters in Woodbridge. This means that the person creating your bridal gown will also do the alterations on your gown. The people who know your gown better than anyone else will be the ones guiding you through the minor changes needed to make your gown fit perfectly. What is better than that? In addition to that, they offer something calling a “muslin fitting”. For brides making any custom changes as discussed above, you can work out exactly how your dress is going to look before the real materials are used, which creates a level of comfort when making big changes to a gown. While Connecticut can seem like an inconvenience when traveling from Long Island, we can assure you that almost ALL of our brides go to Modern Trousseau for their alterations (whether for a muslin fitting or for a regular fabric fitting), and every single one of them leaves happy with their experience. The ladies at Modern Trousseau are lovely, knowledgeable, thorough, and kind, and every dress fits flawlessly when the alterations are complete.
- Modern Trousseau gowns are timeless. And because they are timeless, they are rarely discontinued. As a retailer, this is amazing. We never have to worry about our gowns becoming obsolete. And as a bride, this is comforting – you can fall in love with a gown without worrying that it’s going to be off the floor the next time you visit. And the best part about this is that all of their gowns are truly loved. Some of our best sellers are gowns we’ve had since we opened. While they introduce a new collection two times a year, all of their gowns stand the test of time.
- Lastly, Modern Trousseau, like Harbor Bridal, is a small business, and small businesses understand each other. Before we even opened our shop in 2014, owners David and Callie Tein provided us consistent support and advice. They recommended the veil company we still use to this day and provided us with numerous other resources in the bridal industry. They help us choose which styles to bring into the store each season. If we ever have a question about a gown or a custom change, they answer our calls and texts almost immediately. With about 10 flagship stores and 10 retail stores, they still make sure to give personal attention to not only their brides but their retailers. And as a small business, this is invaluable.
To learn more about Modern Trousseau or to take a look at all of their gowns, feel free to visit their website at www.moderntrousseau.com. We know you will love working with them as much as we do, and we look forward to showing you all their beautiful gowns when you make an appointment at Harbor Bridal.
And, if there’s anything you’d like to read about in our next blog post, let us know in the comments!